What We Believe
Vision, Mission & Our Core Values
“Building a Legacy of Faith, Virtue, and Influence”
Through academics, provide students with a Biblical worldview and the ability to impact their community.
At Cornerstone Christian School, we believe the following:
- The Holy Bible is the revealed word of God and taught as truth.
- Faith in God is the foundation upon which we build our lives.
- We value living a life of Christian character and virtue in order to bring honor to our identity in Christ.
- We value the following virtues: courage, devotion, dignity, honesty, honor, integrity, love, loyalty, morality, and valor.
- We have a moral responsibility to influence the community in which we live.
- Continual improvement of the CCS program is essential.
- High academic standards are fundamental.
- Internal and external assessments are routine.
Expected School-wide Learning Results
Academic Achiever: Our students will:
Demonstrate ability in attaining specific skills in academics, arts, and athletics.
Be balanced and goal-oriented achievers in all subjects.
Build and implement strategies to reach academic success.
Christ-Like Character: Our students will:
Have accepted or been challenged to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
Identify and develop personal values such as: honesty, cooperation, fairness, and humility.
Apply the teachings of Jesus Christ as the foundation for living a life of integrity, self-control, kindness, and faithfulness.
Life-Long Learner: Our students will:
Overcome obstacles using foundations of faith, knowledge, and skill.
Claim the learning process as their own.
Set objectives and strive for success in all areas of life.
Critical Thinking: Our students will:
Demonstrate Biblical decision-making abilities through independent and cooperative tasks.
Identify, organize, analyze, and use information on daily basis.
Apply academic and real-life scenarios in problem solving.
Community Servant/Contributor: Our students will:
Volunteer time, talent, and resources for the benefit of others.
Participate in opportunities to share the Gospel.
Model good citizenship by actively functioning in society.
Effective Communicator: Our students will:
Convey and interpret verbal and non-verbal information individually, cooperatively, and corporately.
Express emotions, needs, and points of view in an appropriate manner.
Demonstrate the ability to read, write, listen, and speak reflectively.
Crusader Code of Conduct
At Cornerstone Christian School we strive to learn, practice, and uphold the following virtues in accordance to the Crusader Code of Conduct. Each virtue is a banner for moral and excellence. Those virtues are as follows:
- Courage: Choosing the right course of action.
- Devotion: A feeling of strong love or loyalty.
- Commitment: Putting forth the whole heart and will.
- Dignity: Nobility based in heir-ship to the King of Kings.
- Honesty: Truthful in all matters, therefore trustworthy.
- Honor: Adherence to the correct principles.
- Integrity: Excellence of character or reputation.
- Love: Self-sacrifice at all times, “Christ-likeness.”
- Loyalty: Allegiance to all other Crusaders.
- Morality: A biblical standard of right and wrong.
- Valor: A bold determination in the face of adversity.
Students are taught that these virtues are an essential part of being a complete Cornerstone Christian Crusader. More importantly, students are taught that the practice of these virtues enhance their pursuit of Christ-like character.